This position is responsible for assisting the HILL Director and other HILL Facilitators to deliver professional development to schools. This position is primarily responsible for high quality delivery of content knowledge for literacy. It is also imperative that this position assists with securing other school contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Administrative Operations – 30%
- Use software calendar program for scheduling school contract work on a regular basis
- Coordinate and monitor own schedule and the schedules and activities of teachers and coaches in partner schools
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all literacy initiative implementation protocols
- Establish timelines and priorities for teacher training and consultation activities for clients that allow for time sensitive deadlines and duplication of materials
- Develop Action Plans and appropriately use the School Literacy Profile (SLP) online strategic planning tool
- Develop and implement educational outreach activities for The HILL, when requested
- Obtain new contracts using the HILL Model for Teacher Training and Consultation
- Proficient in writing proposals and letters of agreement for clients
- Design and implementation of training guidelines and standards for new teacher trainers and consultants
2) Teacher Training and Consulting – 60%
- Convey the history, vision, and mission of the HILL to constituents
- Coach novice and veteran teachers in partner schools through modeling and co-teaching activities
- Participate in training teachers, coaches, and administrators in partner schools using a systemic school-wide approach
- Collaborate with HILL senior staff to acquire strategies and techniques necessary to become a highly skilled facilitator and change agent
- Deliver high quality literacy presentations and develop skills in presenting both HILL literacy content related to leadership, tiered instruction, and data meeting process.
- Implement The HILL School-wide Literacy Model by following a data based decision making approach and problem-solving model that can be applied to classroom instruction
- Exhibit superior communication and collaboration skills in a variety of educational settings
3) Grants/School Contracts – 5%
- Assist with seeking appropriate funding opportunities, particularly grants that relate to literacy professional development
- Assist with the writing and submission of grants in language and literacy and teacher training
- Participate in the oversight of grant activities related to teacher training
4) Marketing – 5%
- Assist with the implementation and development of marking strategies for The HILL
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies for potential school/school system clients
- Represent The HILL through periodic presentations at educational conferences and programs to promote and market HILL services
5) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Education and Experience Qualifications
Masters Degree in Educational Leadership, Special Education, Speech Language Pathology, School Psychology, Reading or a related field required, Doctorate preferred. Experience in school-based educational programs and/or programs for language and literacy, and experience in school-based teacher training also required.
Administrative Skills: Proven leadership skills and the ability to understand the comprehensive literacy issues of schools. Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly articulate The HILL philosophy and the HILL Model for Teacher Training and Consultation.
Technical Skills – Working knowledge of a PC is required, including experience with email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other project management tools.
Physical Capabilities –While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk. Light lifting including carrying a laptop, audio visual equipment, and some printed materials is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Travel is necessary in this position.
Work is performed in schools and districts throughout the state, New England, and the nation. Ability to drive to partner schools is required.
To apply for this job please visit screening.insperity.com.