Director of HILL Online
HILL for Literacy’s Learning Management System is part of a suite of applications in our HILL Online (HOL) Platform, which supports literacy skills training for teachers and instruction for children. The LMS Manager is primarily responsible for the initial implementation and ongoing administration of a new LMS and is the resident subject matter expert. This position works closely with the Director of HILL Online, the Directors of Content Development, and the Instructional Designer to deliver web-based training, tools, and related content to our client schools and districts. The LMS manager will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate onboarding of new clients, and will also be responsible for leveraging the LMS to develop a repository of shared documents to enable our clients to access necessary documentation, tools, and resources without the limitations of shared drives such as Google, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Product Management – 20%
- Implement new LMS from the ground up, including initial configuration/setup, user roles and permissions, and content structure and migration.
- Develop and implement processes for authoring content and editing (reviews, changes, etc.)
- Manage end-user and/or train-the-trainer training.
- Manage integration with HILL Online Platform and third-party systems.
- Work with HOL Director on business strategy to integrate online/asynchronous instruction delivery with direct/synchronous delivery for current and future HILL clients.
2) Course Management – 25%
- Develop and maintain features related to LMS functionality, including content integrations, event creation, surveys and quizzes, email notifications, standard and custom reports, and certificates.
- Develop and implement an optimization strategy for the cataloging and management of content for courses and related documentation.
3) User Management – 25%
- Own the onboarding of new users into the LMS in collaboration with colleagues on the HILL Online team.
- Manage branch grouping, permissions, and course access for our district clients.
- Manage user enrollment for courses open to individual registrations.
- Troubleshoot user issues as needed.
4) Technical / Functional Support – 25%
- Ensure LMS is running as expected at all times.
- Provide technical and functional support for the LMS to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Create a set of standard LMS operational procedures and guidelines to ensure efficiency and a consistently positive experience for internal and external users.
- Manage LMS system configuration changes, maintenance, and updates necessary for continuous improvement of the user experience and communicate those changes in a timely fashion to HILL administration and staff.
5) Reporting – 5%
- Generate monthly LMS performance reports that include enrollment, usage, and course completion metrics for internal and external stakeholders, as well as custom and on-demand reports for clients and HILL staff as needed.
6) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Technology, Information Systems, Training and Development, Software Product/Project Management, or related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the LMS functional areas; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with Absorb LMS or similar LMS preferred.
- Administrative Skills: Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to deal effectively with people. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent time management skills.
- Technical Skills: Highly proficient in learning management systems, including working with assets such as SCORM objects, audio files, and video files, and managing users and reports in the platform.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to succinctly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Other: Ability to work from home with a reliable Internet connection and be available during regular business hours (9am-5pm EST)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.